Tuesday 20 May 2014

Andy Warhol Exhibition


Last month I visited the Andy Warhol Exhibition in Fondazione Roma Museo on Via Del Corso. It was a great exhibition and I was really surprised by the vast collection of his works, from his famous pop art style of celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor, to his earlier works and personal doodles. The ticket included an audio guide which was extremely helpful as I feel like I learned a lot about his work. My favourite part of the exhibition was his Polaroid photographs of different celebrities and public figures and even himself dressed in drag, they were so simple and honest and really captured his fascination with celebrity culture. If you're in Rome, definitely pay a visit, the exhibition runs until 28th September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment